Below is a list of Political Action Resources
Local Area Resources
- Maryland Reporter: Signup to get state updates.
- Local Protests : Click to learn about local protests
- Baltimore Political News Digest: for the Greater Baltimore Area. Sponsored by Indivisible Baltimore
- Family Preparedness Plan: What to do by Immigration Legal Resource Center
Helpful Political Action Resources
- MoveOn.org Text Team: Send Texts to encourage resistance!
- MoveOn.org Podcasts: Each week Move On has a national call on Sunday night called ready to resist that lays out actions for the next week. Really great speakers that you can also hear after the call on a podcast.
- My Civic Workout: sends out an action once per week
- Wall of Us: Four concrete acts of resistance each week
- Weekly Action Checklist for Ds, Rs, and Is another person’s weekly action e-mail that you can subscribe too. It is more like a regular e-mail, but has some interesting stuff
- Refugee Restrooms: A website that is seeking to put together a list of trans-friendly restrooms.
- Here to Stay: A text-based service which sends you texts related to events in your zip code.
- Tips on How to Contact your Member of Congress (MoCs): A resource guide of some helpful links that provide advice.
- 5 Calls: A resources that provides scripts and phone numbers of elected leaders on different topics.
- The 65: Another resource that provides scripts and phone numbers of elected leaders on different topics.
- What the F Just Happened Today: A resource that provides short summaries of events. Note: A popular swear word is part of the url.
- Democracy Io: A website that provides the ability to quickly contact your Member of Congress (Moc) via email.
- Grab Your Wallet: A list of companies that sell Trump Products. If you are a person who routinely uses those produces, we ask that you contact them and consider a boycott. It is ok, if you are unable to boycott them all. Focusing on the Top Ten would be helpful enough.
- TownHall Project: A GoogleDoc with the most up to date Town Halls.
- Sleeping Giants: An organization dedicated to shaming companies who advertise on Breitbart. Slate has an article on it here, for more information. You can view Sleeping Giants Facebook Page here. If you do decide to participate, you should use Incognito Or Private mode for your browser. That way Breitbart does not get any “hits or clicks”, which they use to calculate ad revenue. You may also use this Twitter Script as a guide:
**tag retailer twitter account here** I hope it is not your intention to provide revenue to racism & misogyny. @slpng_giants can help remove Breitbart from your media buy!
Resources for Running for Office
Resources for Elections
Carpool: A resource for helping voters carpool to the polling place.
ActLocal Voting: A guide for electoral actions you can take locally.
ActLocal Resource Directory: A listing of more actions you can take
Demand the Vote: Voter registration information
Knock-Every-Door: A guide for listening to your neighbors.
Resources for Flipping Districts which are not yours
SisterDistrict: Focus on Ds in state elections
Flippable: Focus on flipping seats in state elections
SwingLeft: Focus on swinging house districts towards Ds
PostCards to Voters: A resource for sending PostCards to likely Ds encouraging them to Get-Out-The-Vote(GOTV) in elections.
Resources for Protesting
Resources for Contacting your MOC
StampsLicked: Sending your MOC a handwritten message to their office.
Resources for a MOC who does not Show-Up
Cardboard MOCs: Guide for setting up a townhall or meeting with an absent MOC.
Resources for Writing an Op-Ed
Tips for Aspiring Op-Ed writers: An article by the NYT on some tips to write op-eds.
Resources for Welcoming your Neighbor
Welcome your Neighbor signs: How and where to get a sign.
Voter Registration: A toolkit on how to perform voter registration
Endorsements: A toolkit on how a group can make candidate endorsements
Campaign Finance Law: A toolkit on how the complexities of the law.